What is online freelancing?
Online freelancing is similar to offline freelancing and is excellent work from home job opportunity. Freelancing is working for clients who can be either individuals or company for a fee. When you work as a freelancer you offer your services to your clients and you get hired to work for them but you are not their employee and not obligated to work for them for certain time frame. Being a freelancer you will be self-employed and you get to choose for who you will work for, and choose the jobs you want to work on.
If you want to be making money with freelance work online you will not need any significant investment. Online freelancers find their home based jobs online and communicate with their clients on internet so there are not any significant costs associated with commuting to meet their clients. All you will need is a computer connected to internet and appropriate computer software.
What kind of freelance jobs can you find online?
Anyone with skills and experience can start working online as freelancer. Many people become online freelancers to earn extra money doing the same jobs they do working full-time. Some of the jobs for online freelancers include:
- Writing. Freelance writers can be making money by writing articles or blog post for their clients on a given topic. They can also work on copywriting projects and get hired as ghostwriters.
- Design. Freelance designers can work on projects for logos design, book cover design, flyer designs, engineering design, 3D animation, website design etc.
- Translation. People who speak more than one languages can offer to translate documents for their clients.
- Administrative support. Data entry, transcription, email response handling, web research.
- Software development. Freelance software developers are making money working on game development, mobile apps, scripts, software plugins etc.
- Business services. Business services like bookkeeping, statistical analysis, accounting and project management can also be done by freelancers.
- Sales and marketing. Many freelancers earn money by post ads on classifieds websites for their clients, working as telemarketers public relations, lead generation.
How much can you earn as an online freelancer?
How much you will earn depends on you. How many hours you are prepared to work every day, how fast can you work and how good are your skills will determine how much you will earn. Freelancers are paid mostly on a per project basis which means they are paid when the job is finished but there are also jobs that pay on an hourly basis. Earnings per finished job depends from the complexity of the job and the time that is needed to finished it. Hourly payment depend on what you agree on with your client.
Working online as a freelancers can be profitable and there are many freelancers around the world making a full time income working at home. However being successful is not easy and requires hard work to make a living as a freelancer. The hardest part of making money online with freelance jobs is at the beginning. If you have not established your reputation you will have hard time finding clients and good paying jobs.