What is Ebay?
One of the world’s best known websites is Ebay. Ebay is the world’s number one auction website. It’s a place where millions of buyers and sellers from around the world go every day to sell and buy stuff. Because of the large number of potential buyers that visit it every day, Ebay is also a great place to start making money online selling stuff. A great advantage of selling on Ebay is that it’s easy to use and the fact that you don’t need to look for buyers yourself. Your job is to write an accurate description for the stuff you are selling that will also be a great sales pitch that will convince the potential buyers to buy.
Step by step guide for making money with Ebay.
- Open an account. To open an account on Ebay can do anyone from anywhere in the world. Just go to their website and complete a form with your details. The payments on Ebay are processed by PayPal which an internet payment processor, so will will also need a PayPal account which you can also open for free by going to their site.
- Find items you can resell on Ebay for profit. This is probably the hardest part of making money with Ebay. Finding stuff that someone will be ready to spend good money to buy requires lot of work and knowledge. You can search for items on local garage sales and discount stores, but the place for beginners is to start looking for items is their own house. They can start by selling items they don’t need and use and are just collecting dust in their basements and attics.
- Prepare the items for selling on Ebay. Once you have items the next step is to prepare them by cleaning them from dust and removing any stains and dirt from them. After that you must take photographs of the item and upload them, so having a digital camera and computer and knowing how to use them are also very important skills for every Ebay seller.
- List your stuff on Ebay. After cleaning and photographing the items for sale next step is to upload the photographs on Ebay and write a description for the stuff you are selling. When you write a description you should write accurate description and provide details about your items. If there is anything wrong with them like part being broken or defective and has certain flaws make sure you mention them. A common mistake many new sellers make is they don’t provide accurate description and don’t write about any defects the items may have in the description. Although this may help them make a sale in the long run this can ruin their seller reputation and their Ebay business.
- Packing and delivering your sold items. After the sale is made on Ebay, next step is to package the item and mail it to the buyer. You can do this using containers you can find at post office.
- Get paid. For your items you will be paid using PayPal which is a reputable internet payment processor
There are many people making a living selling stuff on Ebay, but if you think it’s easy to run your Ebay online business is a mistake. There is a lot of work and knowledge, skills and experience involved in finding the right stuff and resell for profit on Ebay.