Clickbank is one of the top affiliate networks online where affiliates can make money online selling digital products from many categories. One of the greatest advantages of being an affiliate of Clickbank is that there are thousands of products available to choose from. However although large number of products is an advantage on the other hand it may be a bit confusing for new members to find profitable products for them to promote.
There are a number of things to look at to find Clickbank products to promote.
- Decide on the niche. First and very important thing to consider is the niche. You can choose products from IM, weight loss,dating and other niches to promote and make money from. If you plan on promoting products on your blog you should choose products that your target audience may be interested in. There is not much sense to sell products about weight loss if people who visit your blog do so looking for information how to make money online.
- Gravity of the products. Gravity is an indicator that shows how many different affiliates have made money selling the product over the last 12 weeks. The higher the gravity the more affiliates have been successful in making sales. High gravity does not mean best quality or most sales but products that are sold by many affiliates and you can consider them as products that are fairly easy to sell. A rule of thumb is to choose products with high gravity.
- Price of products. Another factor that is important in choosing profitable products is the price of products. Some products can pay a few dollars per sale while others can pays dozens dollars per sale. There are however many products on Clickbank with recurring commission. Products with recurring billing are sold only once and commissions will be earned for months and even years to come. As long as customers remain subscribed you will make money every time they renew their subscription. There are filters in Clickbank marketplace that will help you classify products according to gravity, price, recurring commission etc.
- Check the search volume of the product. A good indication of popularity of a product is to check how many people search online for terms that are related. You can use free tool called Google Keyword Planner to find out the search volume of a product.
- Check the competition. Another good sign of a profitable product is to see what your competition is promoting. If you have a blog and want to monetize it with Clickbank products, a good starting point is to go to a other blogs from same niche as your blog and see which products they are promoting.
- Use CBEngine to find products. Clickbank marketplace has many features to help affiliates to find products to promote. CBEngine is a nice tool affiliates can use to find products. CBEngine has both free and paid version which costs $27 and offers more features and insights into products to help affiliates to find profitable products.