One of the legitimate online business opportunities is online tutoring. Online tutoring can be legitimate online money making opportunity for many people. Anyone with a certain qualifications, knowledge and experience can tutor online and make extra money. Students can search online and find tutoring online jobs for students. People who speak more than one language or now how to play a musical instrument can also find tutoring job opportunities for them if they search online. Teachers can search online and find tutoring online jobs for teachers. Anybody who knows something can have a tutoring work at home job and start making money online.
There are jobs available online for everyone who has knowledge, is qualified and is ready to work hard. Knowledge and skill in any subject from school, high school or university can be taught to clients. The client base for online tutors are high school students, university students and even elderly people. You can teach Math, foreign languages, science, music, accounting, writing, and just about anything you know well and if you are willing to transfer that knowledge to others. When you tutor online you will be working with groups of 5, 10, 15 people and probably you will also give a one-one-one classes.
Online tutoring advantages and benefits
Compared to the traditional way of teaching others, the online tutoring has many advantages. Previously tutoring was usually done in your own home or in the homes of your students. But now you can tutor your students online using internet. Some of the advantages of being an online tutor are following:
- You don’t lose time commuting to work . When you tutor online you don’t have to commute every time to the home of your students, neither are they required to travel to your house. You no longer need to lose time traveling every day because you can now communicate with your students sitting in front of your computer . The extra time you will save you can spend with your family of you can tutor other students and increase your earnings.
- You don’t have expenses associated with commuting. Aside from lost time you can also save money you would usually spend to get to work every day
- When you teach online you are not constrained with your location. Unlike the offline way of doing things you can now teach students from another town, from another state or from anywhere in the world. You are no longer limited by the location f your home, and you do not need to look for clients few blocks away from your house or at best from the town where you live. Having ability to teach someone who lives far from where you live will open more job opportunities for you.
Online tutoring benefits for students
Hiring online tutors also has many benefits for students:
- Online tutoring is easily available. One of the benefits of online tutoring is that students are not limited to their neighbourhood to find tutors. Because all the tutoring is done online they can find tutors that are not local.
- Online tutoring can be cheaper. If students hire someone for face to face tutoring than they will also have to cover expenses for commuting. Also because of the availability of tutors who are not from your neighborhood or town there will be more competition among them and students can expect to find someone for less money
- Broad selection of tutors. Because the classes are done online students can have large selection of tutors to choose from. They can find someone that meets their needs best and even hire multiple tutors who are specialists in certain subjects to help them in their study.
What equipment you need to start your online tutoring business
Since online tutoring is done using internet to communicate with your students the only online tutoring equipment you will need is computer connected to internet maybe web camera and microphone. You can communicate with your student through Skype or other similar services.
Finding online tutoring jobs
There are several things you can do if you want to tutor online and get paid. You can post an ad on online classified ads sites, apply to a tutoring agency or build your own website and start offering your services.
- The easiest way to start your tutoring online business is to post an ad on sites like Craigslist or Backpage. You should offer your services under the lessons and tutoring services and you should repost your ad regularly in order to have more exposure.
- Start your own website or blog and offer your tutoring service. For a small investment in domain name and hosting you can start your blog where you will post informational and helpful articles about topics within your area of expertise. Potential clients who are interested in learning something about what you teach can find your website through search engines and read articles that you wrote. Along with that you can offer your services to potential clients. If you have your own website you can drive targeted traffic and monetize the traffic along with connecting with potential clients.
Other way you can start tutoring online business is to send your application o one or many tutoring agencies online. There are many agencies you can apply. Before you apply make sure you meet the requirements in terms of experience, certifications etc. that the agency may have. Here is a list of tutoring agencies wher you can find online tutoring jobs:
1. Tutor.com is an online tutoring agency that is hiring tutor who can work with students online. The applicants must have a degree or be enrolled in a college in USA or Canada and also pass a test before their application is approved.
2. Brainfuse.com is another agency you can apply to. If you wish to work for Brainfuse.com you must email your resume and you must pass a selection and training process.
3. MyTutor24.com helps tutors to make money working at home. To be considered for a position applicants must have degree in desired area, 2 years of experience, experience working with computers and teacher certification.
4. Aim4A.com hires tutors from any subject for both full-time and part-time work. Aim4A.com has students from all over the world and their requirements include experience working as a teacher and bachelor’s degree.
5. Smarthinking.com is looking to hire part time tutors to teach students of diverse ages and abilities. Those who are interested in working for Smarthinking.com must complete E-structor online training program.