Affiliate marketing is a legitimate way to start making money online. If you wish to earn money with affiliate programs you can get started right away and without a website although having a website of your own can help a lot in promoting affiliate programs.
Why you should make money with affiliate programs?
There are number of reasons why you should consider starting your affiliate marketing online business. Affiliate marketing allows marketers to start making money selling products or services without actually developing and having products of their own. Marketers can try one or several products and if they do not bring profits they can go with other programs until they find affiliate programs that are profitable and invest their time and efforts in promoting those programs to maximize their earnings. Another reason why affiliate marketing is great online money making opportunity is the fact that it can be scaled. If you find affiliate product that converts well then you can focus your efforts there and increase your investment in advertising for that particular program and increase your your earnings multiple times, something you can’t do for instance with freelance jobs where you are paid as much as you work
Because there are lots of companies tat try to increase their sales by use of affiliate programs, marketers have a large number of affiliate programs to join. Legitimate affiliate programs are free to join and once you become a member you will be given a unique affiliate ID which is used to track the sales made by you. Your unique affiliate ID is important for making money with affiliate programs. You will be using your affiliate ID t promote programs and when customers referred through your affiliate ID buy something from the merchants website you will earn commission. If you don’t have your ID you can not make money from affiliate programs.
How to get started in affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is lucrative but being successful in affiliate marketing is not a walk in the park. If you are good in affiliate marketing you can make a a lot of money working at home in front of your computer, but this does not happen overnight and many affiliates do not become successful. Here are some tips to help you get started in affiliate marketing:
- Learn all you can about affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is not a get rich quick scheme. You can make lots of money but you need to know how to do it properly. Making a fortune with affiliate marketing is not easy and to be successful you need to learn how affiliate marketing works. You must know about methods of promotion, tracking your campaigns and other stuff. Luckily you can find lots of free information online where you can learn about affiliate marketing. You can find many forums online that discuss topic related to internet marketing and where you can become a member for free. If there is something that you would like to learn about affiliate marketing you can ask and other members of the community will help you by answering. You can also visit many blogs where you cn learn things about internet marketing. You can also find many free ebooks and reports about this topics.
- Find affiliate marketing network you can join. There is a large number of legitimate affiliate networks online you can join but there are also those who scam their affiliates. Make sure you check online for reviews from other affiliates about their experience with payments, support etc. Before you become an affiliate you will have to submit your application and if your application is approved you will become a member and start making money online promoting affiliate programs.
- Select affiliate programs you wish to promote. You need to find affiliate programs to promote that are profitable and have good conversion rate. The programs you wish to promote need to be popular to have a good conversion rate of at least 5%. If you promote programs that are not popular or that are not interesting to your visitors than you will have little or no conversions and end up spending lot of time, money and effort for little or no reward. Because of this knowing how to select which affiliate programs to promote is critical for your success. You could seriously consider joining programs that have a recurring income every month like web hosting or subscription.
- Build a website with relevant content you can use to promote affiliate programs. Having your own website or blog is one of the best ways to promote your affiliate programs. Your website will need content that is related to the affiliate programs you are promoting By publishing relevant content that is optimized for search engines your website will rank high for keywords that your potential customers are using to search the internet. If your website ranks high in search engines you can drive lots of visitors that might be interested in your affiliate programs. You can build your website and write content by yourself or you can outsource the web development and content writing. If you decide to build it yourself there are many platforms, templates and themes you can use. If you decide to outsource the work you can find professionals on freelancing websites who can build the website and write content for you for a fee.
- Choose methods for driving traffic to your affiliate website. The most important thing for making money with affiliate programs is targeted traffic. If your website does not have visitors that are interested in purchasing whatever you are offering than you can not make money. The more visitors you will bring to your website the more likely is you will generate sales and earn money from affiliate programs. We can separate methods of promotion in free ways and paid ways for driving traffic. Both free ways and paid ways of driving traffic require knowledge, experience and hard work to be done properly, the difference is paid ways require less work but they money for every visitor that come to your site. The fastest way to drive targeted traffic to your website are paid methods. Probably the best method is using PPC or pay per click programs. You will pay for every visitor that clicks on your ad and comes to your site. The best known PPC ad network is Google Adwords but there are many others. Ther are other methods you can use to drive traffic to your website aside from PPC. You can write and publish articles on article directories and include a link to your website in the article body. When readers click on the link they will visit your website. There are large number of article directories online online where you can publish articles. You can also post on forums and include link to your website in your signature that will be shown after your posts. You can also make videos and upload them o Youtube and other video sharing website. You can include link to your website in the description of your videos. You can also write a free ebook or report and distribute it through free book directories like free-ebooks.net etc.
- Learn how track your conversions. Knowing how to track your conversions is one of the most critical skills for affiliate marketing success. If you track your conversions you will know what works and what don’t so you can focus your efforts on profitable affiliate programs and make necessary changes to improve conversion rates and your earnings.
Affiliate marketing is a legitimate online money making opportunity for those that are ready to work hard and learn all they can about business of affiliate marketing. If you dream about making money online working at home than starting your affiliate marketing business might be your best option if you are ready to do what it takes to be successful.